Join us at a Utah Farm-Chef-Fork farmer or chef/owner training and learn benefits as well as ways to overcome common barriers with sourcing locally, and develop a local-sourcing game plan to help your business. Receive Utah State University accredited Utah Farm-Chef-Fork certification for your completed efforts.
For more details and to register, see below and visit our website at: https://extension.usu.edu/
Hear tips of the trade from farmers who are successfully marketing to local restaurants. Find out key reasons why farmers are selling directly to restaurants. Discover barriers other farmers have faced in selling to chefs and ways to prevent or overcome these. Practice communication plans for local restaurants with other producers. And more! The following options are available, all free of cost. The trainings are three hours, followed by a co-mingle farmer and chef/owner lunch provided 12-1 pm.
- USU Botanical Center: Tuesday March 26 2013, 9:00am-1:00pm. Utah House Classroom. 920 South 50 West, Kaysville, UT
- Guest speaker: David Chen from Zoe’s Garden
- Thanksgiving Point: Tuesday April 9 2013, 9:00am-1:00pm. Tropical Room, 2nd Floor of Emporium Building just north of the Water Tower, Lehi UT
- Guest speaker: Julie Clifford from Clifford Family Farms
- Salt Lake County South Building: Tuesday April 16 2013, 9:00am-1:00pm. Salt Lake Training Room, 2001 S State Street, Suite 1200. 1st Floor, USU Salt Lake County Extension Office, SLC, UT.
- Guest speaker: To be announced soon!
Guest speakers include chefs/owners who are successfully sourcing from local growers. Discover the data behind why restaurants are sourcing locally, how other restaurants are benefiting from local food sourcing, with the help of media experts, design a farmer outreach and marketing plan to maximize on the benefits of local food sourcing.
The following options are available (all free of cost, three hour trainings. Co-mingle farmer and chef/owner lunch provided 12-1pm):
- USU Botanical Center: Tuesday March 26 2013, 12:00-4:00pm. Utah House Classroom. 920 South 50 West, Kaysville, UT
- Guest speaker: Angel Manfredini, Mandarin Restaurant.
- Thanksgiving Point: Tuesday April 9 2013, 12:00pm-4:00pm. Tropical Room, 2nd Floor of Emporium Building just north of the Water Tower, Lehi UT
- Guest speaker: Colton Soelberg, CEO Heirloom Restaurant Group.
- Salt Lake County North Building: Tuesday April 16 2013, 12:00pm-4:00pm. N4017, 2001 South State Street, 4th Floor Room 4017, SLC, UT.
- Guest speaker: Scott Evans, Finca & Pago SLC.