Snail of Approval
The Slow Food Snail of Approval award is a recognition given to food and beverage establishments that are pursuing and practicing Slow Food values in their business: restaurants, farms, ranches, fisheries, cafes, bars, food trucks, breweries, wineries, caterers, value-added food producers+
The Snail of Approval award is given by local chapters based on evaluations focused on the following six areas:
Slow Food recognizes the impact of vital food organizations and aims to create nationwide awareness of these producers and purveyors with a standard Snail of Approval decal, promotional campaigns, and placement on a national map and local chapter listing.
The Slow Food Snail of Approval will be awarded and administered by the Skow Food Utah Chapter’s Snail of Approval Panel made up of local chefs, farmers, and food artisans. Check out the national map to see Snail of Approval awardees!
- All interested businesses will fill out the online Eligibility Application. Applications are open now!
- All applicants who score a passing score of 56 or greater will be eligible.
- You will not be able to save your progress as you go. The online application is completely multiple choice and usually takes 30-45 minutes to complete. Want to review the application before filling it out? Click here.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted to participate in an interview and site visit.
- Based on the application score, interview, and site visit, our panel will select awardees.