Slow Food Snail of Approval is a recognition given to food and beverage establishments that are pursuing and practicing Slow Food values in their business: restaurants, farms, ranches, fisheries, cafes, bars, food trucks, breweries, wineries, caterers, value-added food producers.
Snail of Approval designation is determined by local chapters based on evaluations focused on the following six areas:
Slow Food recognizes the impact of vital food organizations and aims to create nationwide awareness of these producers and purveyors with a standard Snail of Approval decal, promotional campaigns, and placement on a national map.
Slow Food Snail of Approval will be awarded and administered by the Slow Food Utah Chapter’s Snail of Approval Panel. Check out the national map to meet Snail of Approval awardees!
- Interested businesses will fill out the online Eligibility Application. Applications are currently on pause. In conjunction with the national office, we are updating the criteria to better fit the myriad of eligible businesses. The new application will be posted in late spring/early summer 2023.
- Applicants who score a passing score of 56 or greater will be eligible.
- You will not be able to save your progress as you go. The online application is completely multiple choice and usually takes 30-45 minutes to complete. Want to review the application before filling it out? Click here.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview and site visit.
- Based on the application score, interview, and site visit, our panel will select awardees.
- For assistance with the application process or any questions, please reach out to us at SFUtahSOA@slowfoodusa.org
Slow Food Utah Snail of Approval Awardees
- Hell’s Backbone Grill
- Keep It Real Vegetables
- Liberty Heights Fresh
- Log Haven
- Old Home Place Heritage Farms on Facebook
- Urban Pioneer Foods on Facebook and Instagram
- Van Kwartel Flavor Science
- Crockadill Sauerkraut