Slow Food Utah is growing, and we are searching for a qualified individual to serve as Chair of the Board! We seek an individual with the experience to lead the organization in an expanded capacity. Interested parties should be invested in Slow Food Values of good, clean, fair, food for all. A candidate that has experience as a leader in nonprofit work, specifically having the capacity to support and vision restructuring the organization. Responsibilities include, liaising with the staff of Slow Food USA, the Regional Governor, other regional Directors, and directing the local chapter. Our chapter has an existing and dedicated board with the Treasurer, Secretary and Vice Chair positions filled, in addition to members working on events, farm mobs and marketing.
As the Chair of Slow Food Utah, you can expect:
- Liaison with staff of Slow Food USA, the Regional Governor and other Chapter Chairs in the region.
- Act as the main point of contact for any media related inquiries, interviews and speaking engagements.
- Represent Slow Food Utah at public events
- Work to build and establish new community partnerships
- Set the monthly agenda for board meetings, acts as one of two signing authorities for the chapter bank account and other responsibilities, acts as primary contact for the group, oversees the activities of the chapter, and ensures that the chapter is meeting all annual requirements.
- Manages board members and exhibits good leadership skills
- Provide final approval on general public communications which includes constant contact, social media and other digital communications and print publications (promotional materials).
- Applies for special event permits. Serves on the Steering Committee for Eat Local Week. Collects mail from Post Office box bi-weekly.
- Files Annual Report to national office by February of each year.
- Serves as chair of Microgrant Committee and oversees microgrant application and review process.
- Serves as Chair of the Executive Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can send a resume + cover letter to UtahUT@slowfoodusa.org.